I'm a final year PhD student from the University of Sydney working on computational linguistics, supervised by Dr Sarvnaz Karimi, Dr Ben Hachey and Dr Cecile Paris. Most of the time, I also do research at Data61's Language and Social Computing team.
My research interests mainly focus on information extraction in the biomedical domain. Some concrete problems I have worked on include: recognizing complex (discontinuous, overlapping) entities [ACL-SRW 18,ACL 19,ACL 20]; pretraining domain-specific models [NAACL 19,EMNLP 20]; data augmentation for low-resource NLP [COLING 20]; detecting adverse drug events from social media text [ALTA 17].
I look like this.
- 2020-09: We had a paper titled 'An Analysis of Simple Data Augmentation for Named Entity Recognition' accepted to COLING2020.
- 2020-09: We had a paper titled 'Cost-effective Selection of Pretraining Data: A Case Study of Pretraining BERT on Social Media' accepted to Findings of EMNLP2020.
- 2020-07: I am going to stay at Saarland University as a visiting researcher from 2020 Aug to 2021 Jan, hosted by Dr. Dietrich Klakow.
- 2020-04: We had a paper titled 'An Effective Transition-based Model for Discontinuous NER' accepted to ACL2020.
- 2019-05: We had a paper titled 'NNE: A Dataset for Nested Named Entity Recognition in English Newswire' accepted to ACL2019.
- 2019-02: We had a paper titled 'Using Similarity Measures to Select Pretraining Data for NER' accepted to NAACL2019.
dai (dot) xiang (dot) au (at) gmail.com
dai (dot) dai (at) csiro.au
Also, you can find me from , Google scholar, Semantic scholar.