- 2020-04: We had a paper titled 'An Effective Transition-based Model for Discontinuous NER' accepted to ACL'20.
I am going to do an internship with IBM Research in Dublin from 2020 July to October. This internship is canceled due to the coronavirus pandemic.
- 2019-10: I am going to do an internship with Bosch Center for Artificial Intelligence in Stuttgart from 2020 March to
June July (extended due to the coronavirus pandemic).
- 2019-07: I attended 3rd International Summer School on Deep Learning at Warsaw and ACL'19 at Florence.
- 2019-05: We had a paper titled 'NNE: A Dataset for Nested Named Entity Recognition in English Newswire' accepted to ACL'19.
- 2019-02: We had a paper titled 'Using Similarity Measures to Select Pretraining Data for NER' accepted to NAACL'19.
- 2018-12: I became a member of the ALTA (Australasian Language Technology Association) executive committee for 2019-2020.
- 2018-08: Our system ranked 1st for task 4 of the SMM4H2018 shared task among all 17 systems.
- 2018-05: I had a paper titled 'Recognizing Complex Entity Mentions: A Review and Future Directions' accepted to ACL-SRW'18.
- 2017-11: We had a paper titled 'Medication and Adverse Event Extraction from Noisy Text' accepted to ALTA'17.
- 2017-10: I started my PhD at University of Sydney, supervised by Sarvnaz Karimi, Ben Hachey and Cecile Paris.
- 2017-08: I gave a talk about our BioNLP'17 paper at Louhi'17.
- 2017-05: We had a paper titled 'Automatic Diagnosis Coding of Radiology Reports: A Comparison of Deep Learning and Conventional Classification Methods' accepted to BioNLP'17.